- Weekend project was more self-hosting, mostly via setting up YunoHost. I’ve got NextCloud, Invidious, Syncthing and the anarchist library self-hosted on it so far.
- In the process, a bit of research into Cloudron vs Yunohost.
- Which led to a bit of reflection on self-hosting and a detour into the Free software economics.
- Which links a bit to the Post-Open Source article from last week. Particularly a comment from @ntnschndr:
“I’m increasingly convinced that OSS as such is broken as a means of protecting against corporate exploitation, and it should not be celebrated as an end in itself. … Rather than fixating on licensing, it might be more relevant to all of us to discuss the possibility of an “exit to community”
- Listened to the General Intellect Unit episodes on The People’s Republic of Walmart. About planned economies and how corporations are doing them internally, despite all the lip service paid to the power of the market.
- No long walks this weekend, just a couple of shorter ones around Lancaster. I like the cemetery.
- Thinking about the importance of good documentation. If knowledge is power, then Documentation is praxis. I want good tools for documentation then.
node "knowledge is power" as knowledge node "documentation is praxis" as documentation knowledge --> documentation
- I watched Blade Runner 2049 again.